• 1/2 pound Von Hanson’s Meats Applewood bacon
• 1 tablespoon olive oil.
• 2 onions diced
• 1 chopped garlic clove
• 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
• Lemon juice 1 tsp. to taste
• Chips or cut-up vegetables
• Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
• Cook the bacon until the bacon is crisp and golden.
• Remove from the pan to a plate lined with paper towels. Drain.
• Drizzle the tablespoon of oil into the same pan with the remaining fat from the bacon and allow to get hot.
• Add the onions and saute until golden, about 15 minutes.
• Add the garlic and the fennel seeds.
• Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until the onions turn light brown.
• Add the vinegar and thyme and cook until the vinegar has evaporated.
• Season the mixture with salt and pepper and let cool.
• Cut the bacon into small pieces and once the onion mixture has cooled, mix in a bowl with the bacon, yogurt and parsley.
• Strain any excess liquid from the yogurt before mixing with the peppers and onions.
• Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, then refr